04 Mar Healthy Cities – Ideas Challenge
The Healthy Cities for Adolescents (HCA) Program is a global initiative funded by the Swiss philanthropic organisation, Foundation Botnar, and managed by the International Society of Urban Health (ISUH) based in New York. In India, it is being managed and implemented in partnership with Ennovent.
The HCA Program has now announced the Healthy Cities Ideas Challenge.
What is the Healthy Cities Ideas Challenge?
The Healthy Cities of Adolescent (HCA) India is launching the “Healthy Cities Ideas Challenge” wherein it will identify and promote youth (10-19 years) led solutions and aims to support ideas of young leaders and organisations working with adolescents from low-resource areas, focused on solutions to key urban issues faced by youth. The Challenge is being hosted in the cities of Jaipur in Rajasthan and Bhubaneswar in Odisha.
We are looking for project submissions that are largely designed and implemented by youth (age 10-19) and that address one or more of these four areas in their communities:
- Creating safe and healthy physical and virtual spaces for young people, keeping in mind different diverse identities of individuals and their intersectionality such as Dalit groups, LGBTIQA+ community, and persons with disabilities, among others to promote physical, social, mental and environmental factors for wellbeing
- Increasing access to public spaces or spaces outside the neighbourhood for adolescent girls and young women
- Promoting awareness regarding sexual and reproductive health rights and gender equity through a participatory approach
- Increasing youth participation in matters of city development through ideas/solutions which empower young people to lead in their community and influence local planning and policy advocacy
These areas have been identified through challenges highlighted by adolescents in consultations as part of HCA India Program. The ideas/solutions will represent the guiding pillars of the program. The proposed solutions will receive additional guidance from subject matter experts on growing sustainably.
Who can apply
- Groups of 4-5 participants
- City-based volunteer-driven initiatives
The lead applicant should be in the age group of 10-19 years. All applicants must be residents of Jaipur or Bhubaneswar and propose solutions in their respective cities.
Participants applying as individuals or groups should have a guiding mentor (Ex: parent, teacher, other guardian etc.) for support throughout the application process. All applications by minors will require a signed participation consent form from a parent or guardian.
What’s in it for the awardees
The winners of the challenge will receive prizes, access to capacity-building courses/sessions. Shortlisted candidates will also have the opportunity to participate in some exciting events where they will get to interact with sector experts and like-minded peers from Jaipur and Bhubaneswar.
How to apply
- Review the Expression of Interest (EoI) document for details about the Ideas challenge
- Click on the Google Form link available in English, Hindi and Oriya. Applying in any one language is sufficient.
- Write the application as per the requisite details and word limit. Refer to the mock application and sample response enclosed in the EoI as needed. Fill in the basic information followed by narrative based questions, including information about the proposed project/idea.
- Submit the Google form within the deadline of March 31, 2022, 11:59 PM.
If you are interested in participating in the HCA Cities Ideas Challenge and would like our help with your application/submission, please contact Mohit Varyani (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Pratyush (email@example.com) for assistance.
Applications open till March 31. Send in your creative and disruptive ideas to make your city a better place for young people